jueves, 11 de noviembre de 2010

ESSAY

Essay
When the expectations are overcome
This year, which has been quite particular, I would like to share my experience learning English at the university. However I’ll try to explain my situation at the university first. I’m studying Public administration at the Universidad de Chile and it’s my first year, also has been such an irregular year for us as EGGP, because our well known Palacio Matte venue is not longer available for us, because of the earthquake.
First of all, I’ll like to thank to all my classmates, and of course to our teacher. I thought that this year I would be free of English class, but that wasn’t true when I was invited to participle in English 4. At the beginning I wasn’t complete sure about my participation, because the class is not mandatory for me, but then I was encouraged for one of my classmates and I reconsidered it with a positive result. So, this was how I got in this class.
At the beginning my participation wasn’t so easy, because when I started coming to the class, the classes had all ready begun, but it didn’t turn in any bigger issue. Something that I considered extremely important in a class or in any group is the different opinions, the different experiences and the participation that all of us can contribute. According to this elements the activities or even games, not only works as way to improve our English, it also works as a way to know and learn about each other. So, with the different activities in class the relation between us was turning in to something that could end in such a nice friendship.
Our minimum expectation to any class should be to learn something, anything, even if we consider it as something not important, at all. But when those expectations are overcome we feel as we are doing something real important, no matter the topics or even the place. When we are learning or improving a subject we feel good, but when we are learning about each other through a subject we feel great. And this is what our class has accomplished.     

1 comentario: